Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 2

Whew! Day 2 is done. I'm still good at it. Go figure. I just hate getting back in the swing o' things. I've had a headache for 2 days as well, not from yoga but from something in the air or a cold or barometric pressure. Obviously, I'm not sure which but I am unfortunately succumbing to the Advil. I hate giving in but headaches generally make me nauseous so I gotta get rid of them as soon as I can. Believe it or not, I've never been able to get rid of a headache without the aid of drugs. I wish I could but I can't. I'm always amazed at people who can.

Anyways, I am happy to be back. I revealed my secret 30-day challenge to my teacher today during class. She mentioned that I come a couple days a week so I blurted out that I had just started my 30-day challenge. She was like, "Ohhh." But it was fun today because my skills were utilized to help instruct two newbies. She asked me and another girl who was well-versed in Bikram to lead the class with her verbal instruction. I've done it before, however unknowingly, because sometimes you can sense new people watching your every move. The beautiful thing about yoga is that you don't have to be "good" at it, you just need to know the routine and by knowing the routine and the proper alignment, new students can follow along.

My form is nice and strong these days. My least favorite, by far, is triangle pose and locust. Triangle is just taxing and difficult for everyone, I'm pretty sure. For me, I have a hard time getting my lunge far down. My hips aren't very open going sideways and my legs are weak. However, to give myself some credit, my thighs are definitely stronger than they've ever been. I have definition in my thighs that I never had a couple of months ago. Nice striations in and between the muscles when I go into my lunge. My bum is still flabby but I know it won't be like that forever. I just gotta keep working. Locust will certainly help that "problem" but I loathe it. I do try to utilize my bum muscles as much as I can though.

So 2 days down. Tomorrow would require me to be there at 9am. Not too sure about that one. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment