Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 3-4

I'm sore. In a good way. I just went 2 days in a row and feel really good. No bad pain, i.e. my knees. I've been strong even when I had 2 beers last night and a whole lotta chips. I woke up this morning, drank a little water and had a good strong class. I definitely prefer practicing directly in front of the mirror. It helps my concentration tremendously and keeps any thoughts about the people around me out of my head. I just zero in on eye contact with myself and I'm generally able to concentrate. Plus, I hate half locust and this way I don't have to see myself in the mirror. If I'm in the second row then I usually see my foot straining to stay in the air. I hate that. I just want to feel it, not see it. It's probably my most pathetic pose, that's why.

My one grudge is that I wish I could get my arse out of bed and go to morning classes all the time. My body feels great for the rest of the day and I'm usually more motivated afterwards. However, getting up and getting there is always a bitch. My teacher made an interesting suggestion. I should make my cup of coffee before class, enjoy the smell and drink it. The catch? Instead of swallowing...spit. Heh, heh. So, I'm going to try it the next time I have a morning class. I was planning on skipping class tomorrow but if I feel inspired, the only class I can make it to is at 9am. Therefore, I can try this little experiment tomorrow. We'll just see about that. I can guarantee I'll have a proper cup afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment