Monday, April 20, 2009

Rest Day 2

I really should be doing my taxes, or actually organizing my receipts so my accountant can do my taxes. But I'm stalling. It's way more fun to write my blog. I am resting today. I could have gotten up early and gone to yoga. I actually did wake up without an alarm around 7:45am, thought, "Neat, I didn't even need to set an alarm and my body knew what time to get up." Then I proceeded to fall back asleep. It's a rainy day and my eyelids were heavy. Can ya blame me?

So, the question remains, "Is this really a 30-day challenge if I am taking a day off every 2 days?"

In response, I say yes! I know my body now. It needs one day to recuperate every couple of days. A 30-day challenge isn't the same for everyone. I don't need to share that on the forum since some people like to say things like, "I don't need a rest day, I felt great during my 30-day challenge." It's my version of a challenge. Someday maybe I will be strong enough to skip the day off but for now, it's good for me and it's good for my psyche.

I should maybe come up with a meditation plan and/or yin yoga plan for my days off. That would make it productive and would help to keep my mind on my yoga and the spiritual side of things. I am teetering right now after having just watched Religulous, the documentary about organized religion by Bill Maher. I'm not a fan of him to begin with, but he made some interesting points. I like to know all aspects so that I'm educated in all ways of thought and belief. Anyways, my spirituality was challenged since Mr. Maher pushed the whole athiest/agnostic bent. I've never really understood it but they seem to come from a place of, "Prove God or else don't make me believe in one." I understand that, but I felt challenged when Mr. Maher said people have made up an imaginary friend to talk to who believes in them and makes them feel good about themselves. Is that true? I don't know. I don't think so but he made a strong case for "I don't know." What I do know is that I have felt something that is not just myself or my mind at work. Actually, I don't know but I have felt something that seemed otherworldly/God-like/etc. He's certainly challenged my faith.

What is faith and is God real? Perhaps that's my meditation for the day. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment