Saturday, March 7, 2009

'Tis nobler...

Alright, so it's been 6 days and will be 7 days that I have officially missed. This is torture. But at least I know I'm craving to get back to the studio once I feel able. I have gone from feeling like I have the flu to having a super congested head to now having laryngitis.

I can't believe the laryngitis. I went to work last night since I missed one shift already and wasn't about to miss a Friday night money shift. I was fine despite being really congested and practically deaf from all the stuffiness but I was fine. By the end of the shift I started sounding like a prepubescent boy.
I went to a play this afternoon and crawled around rainy Toronto beforehand, popping in and out of shops since I had no umbrella. I know, how stupid can a sick person get? I guess pretty stupid.

Today I sound like a boy in the full throws of puberty. I wonder if I am going to lose my voice altogether. I can feel it all in my chest; heavy and burning a little. I bought Nim Joim, the Chinese herbal cough syrup/expectorant. It's all natural and supposedly awesome. I had a cup of hot water mixed with this syrup and it tasted great! I'm going to have two or three more cups throughout the night and hope for the best.

But with this whole chest thing I realized I shouldn't go to yoga. I'm even bowing out of going to my friend's birthday party tonight so that I don't spread the germs to all the guests (all of whom are performers in some capacity and probably wouldn't appreciate getting laryngitis from me). Actually, I'm not sure if you can catch laryngitis but you can certainly catch the germs that cause it. Apparently, certain people are more prone to getting it than others. I am definitely one of those people. I would normally be pretty panicky about this sort of illness but I have no jobs booked for next week or the next as far as I know, so this should pass in a few days I hope. I will definitely make it back to class by Monday after resting all night tonight and tomorrow all day and night. I was of the mind that perhaps hot yoga would help to clear up the congestion but it wouldn't be fair to my fellow classmates to spread those germs so carelessly. It's much more noble to be thoughtful of your fellow human beings and the effect you may have on them rather than "suffering" out in the wide open for everyone to see. The result of the "suffering" is more suffering as your fellow human beings catch your cold and lose several days of work/play too. It's far more noble to tuck one's troubles into the safety of one's home and hide there until the coast is clear.

UGH! I am suffering though by not doing my yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment