Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Only Bikram?

This is a pre-class blogging. I don't have tons to say, I just felt like writing in my "journal". I should have gone to class at noon but of course, I slept until 10:30am and couldn't imagine not having my coffee until 1:30pm. 'Cause ya know, as a good yogi, you shouldn't drink coffee or eat until after class. Today I wanted my coffee much too much and decided to wait until the 5pm class.

My monthly pass is up on Friday. It's hard to believe I've already gone through two monthly passes. That means I'm actually doing my yoga on a regular basis. It's definitely a habit now. This past month I've been focusing on only doing the Bikram postures. There's a difference in my body compared to last month. Last month I was trying to not to discriminate between the two styles of classes offered at my studio so I went to both. I also was in the midst of doing a 30-day challenge and often times I found I had to go to "hot flow" class because that was the only class I could make it to. When I was going to both, my body was starting to feel pretty beat up. Remember? My hips were tight, my IT band was tight, I was just plain tight.
When I wake up in the morning, I often sit up cross-legged and it was hurting a lot when I was in my 30-day challenge. Lately, it hasn't hurt. Since I've been only doing Bikram for a chunk of time now, my body hasn't reacted badly. My body actually feels loose yet strong. I would never have figured this out if I hadn't done both. The school of hard knocks worked in this case. Granted, I haven't been doing Bikram poses every day but by now I should feel a little tight in my knees having done yoga 2 days in a row and getting ready for a third. Anyways, I'll let ya know how class number 3 feels. Generally, if my body is in pain I won't be able to go into toe stand comfortably. That'll be my indicator.

No comments:

Post a Comment