Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Return of the Jedi

I'm back! I went yesterday and today and though I am sore and extremely tired, I am content. I thought it would be really hard going back yesterday but a friend of mine was there and that lifted my spirits a bit and distracted me. I had a really strong practice both days. I am no longer concerned about my teacher's opinions of my practice. I am just happy to be doing my body good.

I told myself to take it easy. That was the first thing I did right in coming back after 7 days of illness. Then when I felt like I could go further in my poses, I did and it felt awesome. My standing poses were pretty strong. My legs didn't lose strength like I thought they would. They're a little sore but nothing crazy. My hips were happy since I had been stretching them in weird ways but I know they need those stretches. I haven't done full toe stand on my left side yet. I'm not going to aggravate that IT band. It's so finicky. I'm tightening my bum as much as possible, especially on the floor during uphill poses and I'm still aware that my ab muscles are becoming more defined. The only thing I think I need to focus on the most or is the most important is stretching my lower back and extending it so my hips tilt forward. I'm just really tight or inflexible in my lower back (really curved) and my hips therefore have difficulty tilting forward. I think you get the idea. Slowly but surely, I'm starting to see this said tilt and I'm slowly starting to uncurve my lower back.

I can't shake the fatigue today though. I think that has something to do with not sleeping well at all last night. I got stuck in a bad dream cycle and couldn't get out of it. I took a nap but I'm still really tired. Tomorrow I rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment