Sunday, May 31, 2009

My First Day -- All Over Again

Well, lemme tell ya...I went to the new studio and holy sugar shacks! It was a stupid hard class for me. Before that class I hadn't practiced my yoga in over 2 weeks. I also was poorly hydrated and of course, being the mediocre eater that I am, I didn't have enough fuel in me. It sucked ass, to put it mildly. I made it though. I only sat down once, right after triangle pose. I sat through the first set of standing separate leg head to knee pose but managed to do the 2nd set. The reason I made sure I did that pose was because I knew if I got my head below my heart, I would feel better. If I have learned anything valuable, it's that I feel better when I get into the poses. I generally feel like shite if I sit or stand a pose out. A good stretch feels a million times better than doing nothing.

At the moment, I'm trying to get sufficiently hydrated and drinking a nutrient/protein-rich smoothie. Hopefully it will be just the right fuel I need to get through a 3pm class. It won't take long to get back on track but it'll take a couple classes to feel like normal again. I just hope I can practice when I go out to Alberta for a close to a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment