Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's been four days since I've practiced any sort of yoga. And I'm okay with that. I've been busy in my acting life and that's been keeping the demons at bay. I know, however, that I should be doing my yoga but at the moment I'm seriously enjoying a cup of coffee, a smoothie, writing a blog and all while I'm in my pajamas. And oh yes, I'm listening to the 2nd part of Joel Plaskett's album "Three". It's perfect on a rainy day such as this. Later, I'm meeting my husband to see Star Trek. He's so skeptical since I'm not a Trekkie and I think more than anything he's worried that I'm a real nerd. I was recently watching the documentary Darkon and learned so much about the world of role playing. Afterwards, I went so far as to research the world of role playing in Ontario. I just want to dress up like a Renaissance princess and go to a Faire this summer. Seriously, how fun would that be?! I think it's the actor in me. I'll have to find a friend who's like-minded enough to appreciate the experience.

Now, I think the root of my yoga problem is the transition from Bikram to regular temp styles. I was informed by my earth mother yoga lady, Andrea, that I need to stop doing Bikram/hot yoga a week before my period until it's finish because my blood boils and the outlet for that boiling is through my face in the form of pimples. So I haven't done yoga for 4 days now but I should be. It's only when I have my period that I should stop altogether. Argh. I'll get it right. It's just this initial transition that's disruptive. I don't like disruptions. I think I resort to hermit-like behavior because I don't want to change. But I will. Slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment