Saturday, May 2, 2009

Muy Difficult

Today was muy difficult. I had a headache all through class and was ready to walk out at Half Moon. I'd say that's a pretty pathetic start. But I am really proud of myself for surviving. It was hard. I even got nauseous at one point during floor poses. My muscles are terribly strained/weak/tired. I don't know why. It's just been like this the last two classes. Maybe it's the food I'm eating, or not eating.

I noticed the other day (Tuesday I think), my sweat smelled really badly of ammonia. It was gross, actually, how bad my towel smelled that day and a couple days later when I put it in the washing machine. Apparently, according to the research I did online, my body starting breaking down my amino acids (proteins/muscles) in order to get glucose because there were apparently no carbohydrates left in my system. The general consensus online is that your body breaks down amino acids to get the glucose, then the body is left with nitrogen. If the kidney can't process all of it, it leaves the body smelling like ammonia. So, I guess the solution is to have an apple or in my case today, a candy, before class. I didn't smell like ammonia today or yesterday. Carbs are good for my body type no matter what the current view of carbs is, i.e. Atkins Diet. In fact, I had a late night bowl of pasta last night knowing that I had a class in the morning. Maybe that's why I love pasta so much?

Regardless, I really feel the need to go to a nutritionist. I would love for someone to look at my body and say, "Okay, this is exactly what you need for the type of lifestyle that you lead." (I rhymed!) I feel like I'm the worst eater in the world or is that just a label I put on myself? It's a sure thing that I should stop putting labels on everything that I do. I'm much too critical.

Anyways, I'm glad I'm on a roll with yoga. All it takes for me is two good days in a row and I feel like I can keep going. Tomorrow I'm going to the 11am class. Monday, though, I have to drag my arse out of bed again for a 9am class. I must stop seeing it as negative and see it as positive! I'm changing that schedule I was talking about yesterday. It's time to put my life into focus for my series. The yoga is keeping/making me healthy in order to maintain a rigorous schedule when we start shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment