Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lotsa Tidbits

I was so worn out after a 9am class yesterday, followed by a stressful audition and then work at the restaurant. One thing I've come to discover is that my lower back gets extremely tight and sore after a shift at work. I guess my body is stacked on top of itself for over 4 hours, at least, without any sitting down. If it's busy, then forget about it. I must do bizarre things to my back as well while I'm working, other than just standing and walking for a lengthy period of time. I can never get over how painful and stiff it is to bend over in Half Moon. Or I guess that's technically a forward bend. What's that called again? I'll have to look it up.

Anyways, I've really been enjoying waking up and going straight to class. My body is weak, sore, stiff, you name it. But the feeling of stretching my body when it is least capable of stretching feels SO good.

One thing I keep noting is that I'm more flexible later in the day when I go to an afternoon/evening class. Well, of course I am. Everyone is. Now, by going to morning classes, I am most likely even MORE flexible if I were to go back to an afternoon/evening class. Some day I will double up and see what I'm like in the afternoon.

Another interesting thing worth noting is that since I haven't had any alcohol in over a week (minus 1 half pint of beer last Friday), I have been more regular. Yes, that kind of regular. The less alcohol in me, the more hydrated I am. Obviously, that makes total sense but I'm really seeing a difference. When I did the 30-day challenge back in January, I noticed the same thing. I was drinking a ton of water and hardly any alcohol. And if I did, it was in moderation and never to the point where I got drunk. It's also better on my moods. I don't swing so much since there's less sugar in my body. I have had a craving for food rather than alcohol too. I think that's natural as well. I'm enjoying a fruit smoothie with a Vega smoothie mix in it. The mix is a raw, vegan blend with greens and Omegas and protein. I put a banana, 2 mangos and an orange in the blender with the mix and 1 cup of water. Delicious!

Tomorrow, I think I'll go to the 6pm class. It'll be sort of in between Wednesday and Thursday since I might have to miss class on Thursday due to the Ayurvedic facial. I might stink of oils and whatnot and I know how sensitive my teacher is. She made a little-big deal of someone's perfume that I couldn't even smell and I'm pretty sensitive.

Anyways, that's that for today. A good, moderately strong class with not a lot of flexibility. I was pretty zen throughout. I like going and love the feeling afterwards even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment