Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 1

I began again today. Today was Day 1 for a 30-day challenge at my studio. I am publicly accountable now to get my ass to yoga class every day for the next 29 days. Woot! I get my own little space on the board and I can put up my very own stickers. It's the little things in life.

Before class I ate a veggie hamburger 1-hour prior. It's not the best idea in the world. I always try to eat 2-hours beforehand at least. That way I don't feel the effects of the residual food in my stomach but I get some nutrition that sustains me for 90-minutes. If I eat any earlier I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be enough for me. Breakfast is the toughest meal for me to get down. I've never enjoyed breakfast. I have absolutely no appetite in the morning. My mother doesn't either so I'm of the opinion that it's genetic. I can drink tea and any other liquids in the morning but solids don't make my tummy happy. If I can get into a good breakfast habit, then perhaps my meals hold me for longer in the day.

An interesting thing that happened to me today, as well, was going to the dermatologist. I have had a bad bout with pimples for a long while now. As it turns out, I have acne. An adult form of acne that is the result of lowered estrogen (aging) and regular androgen (male hormone). Since the androgen hasn't lowered either, the result is deep-rooted acne. I just read an article about a woman who did a 60-day challenge in Bikram and by the end, when they did a body scan, she had early onset menopause at age 42. I wonder if lowered estrogen has any link to Bikram yoga. She never alluded to that in the article but her doctor pointed more to her obesity as the main factor.

It's just something to ponder...

No comments:

Post a Comment