Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 14

On the board at the studio, I am officially at Day 14 out of 30. To me, it's Day 19 but who's counting? Especially if I aspire to make this a 4-5X week practice. I went at 9:30am because my husband was playing hockey at 9:45am and it seemed like a good way to start my day. Well, boy, was I wrong. I had a good class. It's been two days in a row that I haven't drunk water in class. I get thirsty by the time we get to the gravity poses but I am able to stave it off until the end. I manage to consistently polish off 1.6L of water immediately after class, not to mention a ton more water throughout the rest of the day. I'm supposed to imbibe about half my weight in ounces, which would be about 1.75L. About a half hour later today, though, I was really dehydrated. I came home and slept for about 2 hours and would have kept sleeping if I hadn't forced myself to get up.

I guess this would be a normal hiccup in a 30-day-in-a-row process. But man, I am tired. I'm feeling more back to normal now but just took my skin medication which is a diuretic. I'm starting to think that might have to do with the difficulty of staying hydrated. I might call to get my dosage lowered if this dehydration continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment