Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 17 of yoga, Day 1 of Lent

Going into Day 17. I'm feeling kinda neutral about it all. I had a tough class (once again) yesterday but made it through relatively easily. As always, I feel amazing after class. I was a tad on the tired side last night, however. I attribute that to dehydration. I tried to drink more than usual today. It's usually to no avail as I piss a ton of it out. Today, not so bad. I waited until 2pm to take my skin medication. I drank a lot more up until that point. I've tapered off and hope to see a difference in class today.

I realize the only thing that really drags me down in class is that damn heat. It's HOT! When the teacher gives a reprieve in the form of a draft from an open door, I can make it through all of the poses no problem. That's how I know it's the heat. I wonder if I would push myself more physically if the heat was less intolerable. I know, I know, that's the whole point of Bikram's yoga. It also protects my muscles and tendons from injury. I get that. I hope I get over it though.

It's also the first day of Lent. I'm off to a good start. I am in limbo though as far as what book to start off my Lenten reading. I have two books that interest me. Having just finished Teresa of Avila's autobiography, I want to read Therese of Lisieux next. With that, I'm eager to read Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda. Mystical prayer is my primary focus these days, Christian mysticism, to be precise since that is what I feel most strongly called to, with the influence and knowledge of other forms of mystical prayer. I think those two would be a good start. In addition, Scriptural reading, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment