Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Inspiration

Yup. I dig the new studio. It's big. The showers are sweet (and private) with great soap. The floors are all either laminate or tile. The teachers are all really good. The change rooms have separate stations for sinks and for blowdrying your hair (with really nice dryers too). I'm going for the yearly membership which is huge for me. But I want to focus on Bikram and this studio will provide an amazing environment for doing so. They even sell Shakti yoga wear, which I think is HOT!

Anyways, I made it today having not made it since Saturday. That has sucked. So, needless to say, both Saturday and today have hurt pretty bad. Add to the pain, the excitement of my TV series getting picked up. Yes, it got picked up! It's super exciting because I've never been part of something like this. The feeling was euphoric, to say the very, very least. To go along with the euphoria, I drank a lot of alcohol (well, not really a lot but a lot for me) and it made me really dehydrated and frankly, constipated. I was in so much pain this morning. I'm pretty sure I have a mild case of IBS. I got all excited and then my tummy fought back. I know if I go to yoga more often, all will be right again. It always gets better since I've had this issue in the past.

One noteworthy thing for anyone reading this (if there is), when feeling a lack of love for hot yoga, especially after a tough class, go to a hot yoga forum or a Bikram website and read people's testimonials. They are usually inspiring and give you just the boost you need to go back for more. I get hooked reading about teachers or other practitioners who's lives have been transformed by, not only yoga, but Bikram's yoga specifically.

Tomorrow, I will attempt a 9am class. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment