Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Alas...

Alas, I did not make it today. Instead, I sit up late at night writing my blog about yoga -- that I never practice. However we know I write this so that I stay accountable. I encourage myself through these ramblings.

I'm technically supposed to cease Bikram for the week. According to my yoga earth mother, Andrea, it's blood boiling time. Argh. This one year membership thing is off to a bad start. I'm still saving money no matter what. I WILL make it worth it, damn it! It's at least satisfying to belong to a yoga studio. I love it, in fact. A studio that is my own. It's new and shiny too. It's not old and smelly like my other studio. Now, I did love my former studio but I know I'm learning the Bikram method far more accurately and thoroughly at this new studio. The teachers are fresh from teacher training and they spew out the dialogue so swiftly and deftly. I have learned so much in the few days I've been there compared to the gradual knowledge I've gained at the other studio.

The reason I didn't make it today was because I felt like I needed one more day to recuperate from my crazy week and weekend. I never really recovered from the chaos and knew that my body wasn't up for the challenge. When I looked at my calendar, it indicated that today was when I should stop Bikram. But I saw that after I decided not to go. A lovely coincidence. Eric and I, instead, played tennis at our "club"; a nice set of 4 courts where we pay membership for the comfortable weather months, i.e. May-November.

Well, hopefully I make some kind of yoga class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment