Monday, February 23, 2009

Yin class

Wow. I was not a happy camper in class yesterday. I can't do forward bends for the life of me. They turned out to be completely useless. The forward bends that involve sitting with legs spread wide and the pelvis tilting forward...forget it. I get nothing out of them because I seem to have no pelvic tilt at all. I'm so hunched forward (even with a prop pushing me that way) and I feel no stretch in my lower back, like my teacher said we would. I don't like my teacher. She does the class with us, but she's not actually assisting us. I sometimes feel like we're inconveniencing her. If she would go around and help us, then maybe I could figure out what it is that's happening, or not happening for that matter.

I literally was so unhappy in class that I was weeping. Maybe it was just the hip openers doing that but I was disappointed in myself that I couldn't stop the flow of tears. Of course, I kept it to myself so I didn't freak any of my classmates out. I think the feeling of defeat dates back to dance classes as a child/teenager and I was the only one who couldn't do the forward bends. Forever, I thought I wasn't flexible because of those stretches but I'm just not flexible in that specific area. I need to find some exercises or stretches that really help in that area. Otherwise, I get nothing out of the Yin class.

No comments:

Post a Comment