Friday, February 27, 2009

To practice or not to practice...

This afternoon, I'm debating going to class at all. Not because I don't want to go but because I wonder if 2 days on and 1 day off is my best bet. I find I get frustrated some days with my lack of progress or lack of motivation and therefore don't work as hard. And if I take a day off every 2 days, then perhaps it'll leave me wanting more. I'd rather nurture the desire to get to my yoga classes than kill the passion by over doing it. I dunno. It's a hard call. I really want to go since I had such a great class yesterday. But what if I don't have a good class today (which is totally acceptable)? Will that really kill some of the passion or will it be a lesson? 5 days a week ain't a bad practice. I guess where this is all coming from is that I noticed during the 30-day challenge that I was pretty worn down with 7 days/week and almost as worn down with 6 days/week. So, if I wittle it down to 5 days/week, then perhaps I'm on to something. I suppose a solution to my angst-y-ness would be to do Yin poses on the days off in order to really get my hips opening up. Another thought for another time is that I need to get to a doctor. I have a bum left shoulder (dislocated it in a batting cage years ago) and my neck and back vertabrae are pretty effed. Like I said, that's for another blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment