Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Journey to Clean!

I'm on Day 3 of a liver cleanse. I thought maybe I could make it to a class this week but I think it's better to lay low. Maybe today I'll do some yoga poses just not full on Bikram. It was really difficult on my first day and night. I had a really bad headache but I managed to ride it out and actually survived a headache without buckling to the pressures of ibuprofen. I actually can't believe I did that. I don't know if I've ever rode a headache out and I've had a LOT of headaches in my time. My dilemma right now is will power. To eat stuff or not to eat stuff? Well, obviously I shouldn't be eating stuff. And I won't. I've made it this far. Tomorrow is my last day. It's luckily a short cleanse. I don't think I could do more than 4 days and plus I think it's really bad for your body to mess with it's metabolism. I feel lethargic today. I plan on doing nothing today. I need to lay low and avoid temptation therefore I'm going to remain at home.

Saturday I plan on going back to yoga. I'm looking forward to feeling the results. I think, based on past classes, my new diet has assisted in making my classes strong. I have come out of each class, since eating more healthy, feeling great. I hope my desires for shitty foods leaves my system. I am sorely tempted or was sorely tempted last night to eat chicken wings and drink beer. However, when we were at the bar for a friend's birthday party, I was content to be drinking tea and not imbibing alcohol. I'm curious as to how to become this healthy, yoga-practicing, macrobiotic-eating individual and not feel like a superior SOB who thinks other people are unhealthy. I want to be anything but. BUT I want to be personally healthy without succumbing to temptations and if and when I do, not succumb to guilt and beat myself up. It's an interesting journey and I KNOW yoga will help in that after every class I feel awesome and have no desire for poopy foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment