Saturday, July 11, 2009

God is Love

I had a good class on Thursday. I went to the 8pm class. I made it through despite some of the less fortunate, coughing, sighing and hefty breathing souls there. My breath is what makes me strong. That and consistency. Going frequently combined with a thoughtful practice makes for strong classes every time. They will feel different, for sure, but they will all be strong. I know it. The breath supports sanity and keeps the mind from letting "the censor" take over aka the demons. I know why the Christian religion teaches about the devil now. It's not to scare us, it's to remind us that we can have control over those demons and take back the love and positivity that God has to offer at all times. God is love and the devil doesn't deserve our attention, in the negative sense. He deserves attention so that we can become aware of those times that he's trying to take over. That's when you stop and let only positive thoughts in.

My diet is slowly adjusting to this new vegan plan. Like I said earlier, I probably won't cut out meat altogether but I'm certainly not opposed to eating a mostly vegan diet. It does honestly feel good. I haven't fallen into a negative place in a while. Granted, I don't work at the restaurant anymore so that immediately cut out a lot of negativity in my life. I was just doing it to make extra money. Part of me still feels guilt for sitting around and not working there, making some extra dough before I go on my various vacations. But another part of me feels great not being there. I'm more positive, doing my yoga, going to a few auditions, dabbling with new recipes and gardening. I'm also able to go to bed early on a consistent basis and not prone to eating the bad foods there at the worst possible hours. My life is no longer toxic. I'm taking this time for me. I'm changing myself slowly but surely and this time right now, is the time to do it. I thank God for this blessing and this time to detoxify and recuperate.

Tomorrow I plan on an 11am yoga class.

No comments:

Post a Comment