Monday, August 3, 2009

On Again, Off Again

I have gone back after a week and a half and of course, it hurt. I got a low-grade, probably detoxifying, headache last night. I tried to withstand it but buckled and took a regular ibuprofen before going to sleep. I then slept 11 hours. I couldn't believe it! I went to bed at 10pm and woke up at 9:30am. I must have needed it.

Yesterday's class was awesome as usual despite it hurting. I'm not a huge fan of practicing at the back of the room but I do. What outweighs that is that I don't like feeling people's eyes on my back when I'm at the front. This way I blend in and practice at my own pace and the teacher also doesn't expect much out of me if I'm way in the back. By Triangle pose, I was wiped yesterday. My mid-lower back is definitely my weakest set of muscles as they tend to ache, almost unbearably, by the time Eagle pose is happening. I can't wait to have a strong back. I am noticing though, that my thigh muscles are really bulging lately. I like that. They're not bulging in a grotesque way, they're just looking sculpted. I'm finally pushing my legs and bum forward properly. I love Bikram instructors' legs/bums. I am starting to see myself in their place. I think, if I ever have to take on a day job again, or decide to do something else to make money, I will become a Bikram instructor. That's years and years down the road. of course. In the meantime, I'm going to become a hard-working, well-known actress who practices Bikram yoga on such a regular basis that she should be an instructor.

Today I hope to get a 4pm class. Might as well stay on the wagon until I go on vacation in a week and a half and fall off the wagon for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment