Monday, August 10, 2009

Mindfulness

I had a difficult class yesterday. However, I'm always proud of myself for making it through to the end. I always do, even if I have to sit a pose out or drink a little more water than usual. I made it and I can be proud of that. I was especially dehydrated yesterday and hadn't really eaten properly so naturally it was difficult.

I am noticing more and more that my legs are taking the Bikram shape. I love it! Though I am going on vacation for a week, I will continue to pull up on my knee caps, tighten my glutes and push my hips forward to keep my muscles in shape there. I love strong, Bikram legs. They're beautiful and they look like you couldn't shake them if you tried. My upper body is also nice and lean, especially my shoulders. The one thing I think lacks in Bikram practitioners is a shapely upper body and abs. It's a matter of tightening those muscles just like we do when constantly pull up on our knee caps. I think Bikram practitioners are so mindful of the thighs that they forget to constantly be flexing the abs. I will, from now on, be mindful of my abs. I have started to already and have noticed a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment